Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Landline Phone

I have been with this phone company for several years, it's the only one here. They have a monopoly here apparently on phone service. I pay $31.46 dollars a month for local service only. There is a constant hum on my phone. I now only use it for internet as I have a cell phone and most calls coming in on the land line are spam so I don't bother answering it. I get calls for my daughter by her maiden name, so I assume they are getting the number out of the phone book as she has been married for seven years! The phone is in her name, I've tried to have that changed but no luck with this phone company.

My internet here is dial-up to the tune of 19.95 a month. I'm paying a little over $50 a month for internet basically. We have I believe 3 local internet providers here, from $17 to $20 dollars a month. I've tried two of them, switched back and forth, couldn't get online, switched, got online, rinse and repeat.

Can't get DSL (probably lucky from the reviews I've seen on it through this phone company) because of a scam charge on my phone bill, one of those free $50 dollar gift card scams, you know the ones like on the GPT sign up sites. My son entered the phone number and thats all it took. I'll never pay the scammers, they don't even have any info, I called them about the charges and they tried to get social security number. The name of this place is Oan marketing/privasafe email. Search it and see what you find. Don't know how much I paid them before I dissected my phone bill and called the phone company.

Sometimes I blame myself for living here in "Bum Fock Egypt" or as some say "Right smack dab in the middle of lost and found" but I love living here. I live in Northeast Arkansas 40 miles from the nearest liquor store, but thats another rant for later.

No comments: